Monday, June 22, 2009

Uh Oh! I've been bitten by the bug! (AGAIN!)

What bug have I been bitten by you ask? Well, let me enlighten you. It's the I WANT A NEW PUPPY bug! (Keep in mind that when I say puppy I don't always mean an actual puppy. All dogs are puppies in my mind, no matter how old.) The reason this is bad is because the last time I went through this bug we adopted an actual puppy (about 3 months old when we adopted her). Her name is Lorelei and she is just precious. (She's got some health issues that we are dealing with and she could be more of a cuddler but other than that she is just perfect.) We love her very much but she is costing us WAY more than we had originally planned because of her unforeseen health problems. We have only had her for almost three months now and I am REALLY wanting to get her a brother or sister. She has graduated from the Petsmart Puppy Training class but she could still use some more work. Even though she has calmed down A LOT since we got her and is very well behaved about 90% of the time, she is still very much a puppy about 10% of the time. We probably really couldn't handle another actual puppy right now but I always feel so bad for the older dogs that have been in shelters for years so I am really wanting one of those. And Bryan (my bf/love of my life/room mate) said he would even be okay with adopting another dog right now but he thinks we don't have the space for it. We just moved into an 1,100 square foot two bedroom apartment and to be honest we really don't have the room. But like I said, I have been bitten by the bug and even though the symptoms can lay dormant for a while this infliction will never fully go away until I get a new "puppy". I may have to slowly start wearing him down........

2 comments:

  1. We talked about getting a second dog and we even joked about the morning before Cody went down stairs to walk Bella.....and this guy was waiting for us to see if we wanted his dog!!! Crazy. But it is alot of work but Bella is so much happier. You know how spoiled Bella was and I was worried if she was feeling "replaced" she she has someone to play with. It has helped me with Bo as well. I kind of look at it as Bella is baby sitting him and wearing him out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is kind of how I think they would be together. (By they I mean that I have found a specific dog that I want). He's a beagle mix and is very energetic. And I think they would wear each other very quickly. Plus, Lorelei was born into and lived the first 3 months of her life with a little of 9 other puppies. I think she misses have other dogs around all the time. She just seems like she is depressed a lot of the time but when she gets around another dog she is the happiest dog in the world. I really don't think Bryan is going to go for it but I REALLY hope he does!

    ReplyDelete