Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What My Blog Title Is Really All About

All my life I have known that I was destined for something more than ordinary. I never saw myself as the soccer mom who lived with her husband and two kids in suburbia and drove a minivan. Not that there is anything wrong with that lifestyle by any means; it's just not for me. Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to be famous and travel all over the world. When I was in about 8th grade a friend of mine and I went to a talent audition/call out/scouting; whatever you want to call it. Hundreds of people showed up and I was one of the few that got picked to go to Chicago to meet with several different talent agencies. Of course, the trip wasn't free and my dad thought it was a scam so he wouldn't let me go. (BTW, it was not a scam.) Ever since that day I have always wondered if I missed my shot. Was that my once chance at fame? At the time I had this plan to attend UCLA for either Theatre or Performing Arts but for some reason when it came down to it I ended up going to a college in my home state (Indiana) for Law Enforcement. Quite a switch, I know. And even though I know that is what I was meant to do because it led to me meeting the love of my life and some of the best friends I will EVER have, I am at the point in my life where I start looking back and wondering "What if?". I'm 23 and I guess you could say that I am having my mid-life crisis. (I always have been a little mature for my age.) I tried to go the ordinary route. I moved to Arkansas (nothing too exciting there I assure you.) with Bryan, the love my life, and got my first full-time job. Bryan is a country boy who enjoys a simple life so I figured I would give it a try. After finally fully giving up on my dreams of fame I quickly became depressed. Moving to an entirely new state where I knew asbolutely no one and had to spend the weeks alone b/c Bryan was away at the Law Enforcement Academy didn't help either. Being alone so much gave me a lot of time to think and with me, thinking is never good. I realized that why I was so unhappy was because I was trying to force myself to live a life that I have never wanted to live. I was denying who I truly am. I was trying to accept "reality" and it was making me sad. Like I said before, Bryan likes the simple life and jokingly said one time that he wouldn't be with me if I was famous because famous people were too dramatic and annoying. So, I was worried that it might eventually come down to an either/or situation. Either I give up on my dreams and the future I have been planing since I was pretty much born or I achieve all my dreams without the one person by my side that means more to me than anyone else on Earth. Luckily, after having a serious conversation with Bryan he said that he was actually a little let down with what it looked like a simple life might really be like and that he was willing to stand by me no matter what I decided to do. (See why I love him?) So, pretty much what all this babbling means is that even though my dreams are unrealistic they are what make me who I am and I can't give up on them or myself. My unrealistic dreams will become my reality.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. You know the more I get to know you more and more, the more I realize that we are have A LOT in common. I totally understand this blog because I am going through the exact same thing right now, and have been for the past year or so. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have thought that before too. About how it's weird that we didn't really ever talk in college when we had the chance to become real friends but now a couple of years later it seems like we are a lot alike. Oh, well. We can hang out all the time when we are both famous! :-D

    ReplyDelete